Claycomb Covered Bridge

This county owned bridge stands at the entrance to Old Bedford Village in Bedford. It was was built in 1880 in Reynoldsdale and was moved to its present location in 1975. It is a burr truss design which has been reinforced with steel to support bus traffic that frequents Old Bedford Village.

The structure is unpainted and the roof is constructed of Cedar shakes. The deck consists of crossboard planks and the sides are totally enclosed. It sits on poured concrete abutments.

Location: Bedford, PA
Year Built: 1880
Type: Burr Truss
Length: 126 ft.
Width: 14 ft.