Dr. Kniseley Covered Bridge

The Dr. Knisely Covered Bridge crosses Dunnings Creek along the main road between Bedford and Johnstown. It stands 1/10th of a mile off of Route 56 (about 1.5 miles southeast of Pleasantville. Vertical boards cover about 1/3rd of the sides, with horizontal boards inside. The roof is metal. The abutments are stone and mortar. Privately owned.

The bridge is 80 feet long. It is not traversable.

Location: Alum Bank
Year Built: 1867
Type: Burr Truss
Length: 80 ft.
Width: 12.5 ft.