Hewitt Covered Bridge

Located in a remote part of Bedford County, south of Chaneysville, the Hewitt Bridge is along the road to McElfish’s Mill (Township Route 326). Built in 1879, the bridge spans 88 1/2 feet, crossing Town Creek. County owned.

The sides are almost completely covered with vertical boards on the outside.

Hewitt Bridge rests on a stone and mortar abutment.

The bridge is traversable.

Location: South of Chaneysville.
Year Built: 1879
Type: Burr Truss
Length: 88.5 ft.
Width: 14 ft.